DAIS Core Leadership
The Core Leadership is a small group of Executive Committee (EC) members who work directly with DAIS adult advisers. This group is composed of no more than 8 active and committed DAIS members who are chosen through election by their peers and/or, if necessary, by the adult advisers.
The Core Leadership should be no more than:
- 2 students - Grade 12
- 2 students - Grade 11
- 2 students - Grade 10
- 2 students - Grade 9
Core Leadership Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the DAIS adult advisers at some time before each EC meeting to discuss issues and determine some policies for the organization. Executive Committee members should miss no more than two of the year’s meetings.
- Leading the Executive Committee in their planning of activities and agenda for each monthly general meeting. Facilitating the EC meeting.
- Filling in as co-host and/or facilitator for monthly general meetings when needed.
- Encouraging and communicating with the chairs of DAIS activity or project committees as well as planning committees for the annual conference.
- Serving as a positive representative of and spokesperson for DAIS as an organization to people in the community, at conferences and other activities.
- Working with the DAIS adult advisers towards the overall growth, stability and future of the organization.
Students can nominate anyone who they feel is a fit for the role and responsibilities, including themselves. Nominations should be emailed to DAISOrg@aol.com. All deadlines are below:
September 29: Students nominate candidates for the Core Leadership
October 6: Candidates are posted on DAIS website
October 13: General Membership votes for top candidates. Core Leadership is announced at the General Body DAIS meeting
The Core Leadership has been chosen by elections for more than the past 10 years. Previously, the Core Leadership was chosen by the adult advisers, based on who was active and committed to DAIS and who exhibited the qualities needed to take on the above-mentioned responsibilities. We are looking for the student membership of DAIS to continue to make that decision , thus the importance in participating through your vote!